Sleep Test Clinic
Problems with sleep disorders may have variety of causes. Accurate diagnosis is important to identify the causes and provide appropriate treatment. Mission Hospital provides treatments and services to help people with sleep disordered. If you experience any sleep disordered, you should be examined by the specialist and diagnose.
What is Sleep Test?
- A Sleep Test is a test that studies your sleep behaviors and record data about you while you are asleep.
What does sleep study test for?
- A sleep study test is conducted to check:
- Sleep apnea
- Periodic limb movement disorder/restless legs syndrome
- REM sleep behavior disorder
Who should take a sleep test?
- People who have trouble sleeping or sleep related movement disorder.
- Experience unexplained hypertension.
- Difficult breathing or repetitive pauses in breathing while asleep.
- Snoring, frequent night waking, waking up choking,
- Feeling weary in the morning. Un-refreshing sleep.
- Experience drowsiness during the daytime.
- Snoring, morning headache, decline memory, sleepiness during daytime, tiredness.
- Frequent wake up in the middle of the night or in order to urinate.
How to prepare for sleep test?
What to do before?
- First you will discuss with your doctor for consultation and instruction for preparation, what not to do which can interfere with the results.
What happen during the test?
- Your will have a private bedroom in the hospital.
- A technician will put sticky surface electrodes on your face, scalp, chest, and limbs. These send electrical signals generated by your brain and muscle activity, to the measuring equipment.
During the test, the measuring equipments monitor and digitally record your brain activity to identify sleep cycles and disturbances as well as your movements, breathing (heart rhythm), oxygen levels, blood pressure and heart rate to find out whether you have a sleep disorder.
- Outpatient Clinic with treatment rooms
- Complete Equipment and Imaging supports
- Fully furnish Private room for sleep test
Appointment / Inquiries:
Tel: (+662) 282-1100
Fax: (+662) 280-0441