|Infertility Clinic ( IUI )|
Infertility Clinic ( IUI )
Intrauterine Insemination or Artificial Insemination (IUI)
What is IUI?
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) or artificial insemination is a procedure where a doctor places a man's sperm into a woman's uterus to increase the chances of the sperm of fertilizing the egg and the woman becoming pregnant.
When is IUI used?
IUI is used when a couple has tried to conceive for at least one year without success. It is often used for the following problems:
- Unexplained infertility.
- Low sperm count
- Decreased sperm mobility
- When using donor sperm
- When the woman has a cervical mucus problem, such as when the mucus is too thick, scanty or has properties hostile.
- Ejaculation dysfunction or erectile dysfunction
General pre-procedure requirements before IUI include:
* Complete Blood Count * Thalasemia test * Semen Analysis
* HIV test * VDRL test * Hepatitis B test
* Complete Blood Count * HIV test * VDRL test
* Hepatitis B test * Thallasemia test * Rubella test
* PAP Smear * Ultrasound