Signs & Symptoms of knee problem
- Knee pain
- Stiffness of the knee
- Swelling of the knee
- Deformity of the knee
- Decreasing range of motion
- Muscle weakness and atrophy due to inactivity or stiffness
The quality of life of our patients is important to us as is minimizing discomfort and risk.
- Patients attend a pre-operative class to understand the process before, during and after the procedure. Patient will also receive post-operative instructions to know what to do to optimize their recovery.
- Patients receive general anesthesia that does not contain morphine to reduce possible adverse effects, such as nausea, vomiting, and dizziness, allowing faster recovery after surgery.
- The post-operative care is designed to prevent the risks with surgery including thrombosis and infection.
- Safety is a priority. We use the latest methods to reduce infection, such as infection preventing operative gowns, as well as tools to optimize the surgeon’s skills, such as lighted headbands.
- Our post-operative rehabilitation program is conducted by our certified physical therapists who will also teach you self-care rehabilitation to continue at home after hospital discharge.
- Post-hospitalization follow-up is carried out until you have reached your full recovery potential.
- We also provide patient education through brochures and DVDs
What is Sports Medicine?
Sports Medicine is a branch of medicine that deals with Physical Fitness, Treatment and Prevention of injuries caused by doing strong physical exercises and playing sports.Rehabilitation of injuries suffered during athletic activities.
The aim of the treatment of Sports Medicine is to heal at minimum pain and rehabilitate in short time from suffering for the injuries. Our state-of-the-art treatment helps the patients to be able to return to their favorite activities in very short time.
Our professionally trained and experienced Orthopedic Surgeons, Physicians, Rehabilitation Specialists, and Physical Therapist are working together with modern high tech treatment technologies; the patients will feel safe, less side effects and get back to normal activities in a short time.
At Mission Hospital common injuries treatments include of:
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair (Shoulder)
- Arthroscopic Bankart repair
Arthroscopic surgery is an advanced surgical procedure offering less risk to patients and remarkable results. Arthroscopic surgery is a common orthopedic procedure that is used to diagnose and give treatment problems inside the joints such as disorders of Knee, Shoulder, Hip, Ankle, Elbow and Wrists of human body by using a special illuminating instrument which inserted through small incisions. The incisions are usually less than 1 cm in length. Surgeon can monitor clearly by watching at computerized TV made within these sections. A small video camera inserted into the joint and the signal display on the TV monitor. With just about 1-2 cm incision makes less postoperative pain to the patients.
Arthroscopic surgery is much easier to get recover than "Open" surgery. The period of treatment is short to recover. After surgery, rehabilitation and physical therapy is easier and more effective than conventional surgery.
Arthroscopy offers many benefits to the patient over traditional surgery:
- You will get no cutting of muscles or tendons
- Lower risk of complications for surgery
- You will have less bleeding during surgery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Can be done surgery as OPD
- Smaller incisions
- Quicker recovery time
- Comfortable rehabilitation and Physical therapy